Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Its over.

Addyson has decided she is pretty much done nursing. She's been a champ since day 1 and I really have enjoyed nursing and the way it has bonded us. I always thought that we'd make it to the year mark because I never imagined a baby deciding to be done, but she has. I was kinda excited at first when I realized that's what she was doing, one of the reasons being because then I could actually carry a purse to work again instead of the heavy breast pump. Which, insidently, caused me to fall down in the parking lot of the hospital, hilarious. Anyway, the more I think about it though the more I am so sad that it's coming to an end. It was nice being able to feed your baby without any prep work, to snuggle with her during the day (which is the only time she holds still because she has been walking for almost a month) and just the knowledge that you are giving your baby the best nutrition. I thought about pumping still but she is hard enough to keep up with already and if I try to pump AND keep track of her...yeah right. Oh well we did great! Sorry for the rambling pity party, I feel better now.

No comments: